Thursday, July 14, 2011

surrender.


I felt Papa's
"yes"
again today as I laid on the beach
the kind of yes that is really from Him.
The kind that comes without rationalizing,
the kind that just comes.

you know what I mean.

I said, "Okay Papa"
and felt peace and
then soon after jumped to my questions, my fears

"But Papa, what about THIS and
what about THIS?"


and as I sprayed off the beach chairs with purifying water, He reminded,

"if I have said yes,
and I know all,
I also have a plan for your "What-abouts", Chelsea.
Trust me."


And there. I laid them down.
as I did before.
placing my anxieties one by one in His Father Hands.

(This is the passage for my life right now)

2 Cor 10:5 - "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ."


And he continues to speak as I slow down my mess of thoughts so as to obey

each small thought captive and set like gold (as best I can)
to the obedience of Christ.

(This is His refining work in my life.)

1 comment:

Tammy Joy said...

yeah. so good!
i keep running across hebrews ch 3 and 12-
"fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest..."
"let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..."
a common theme :)