Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I've been away now for a week and a half and God has come with me

I have found a few pieces of Him that are missing to the gigantic puzzle I will never find all the pieces to, but God help me. I will try.

I have been living in a mess the last few years. honestly. a mess of anxiety. I've experienced depression. sadness. self-righteousness. gladness. I've experienced forcing myself out of bed and to the coffee maker so that I could distract myself from thoughts that are crippling. I don't know if you have experienced this, but people do. and as God moves me forward, past them, into fullness and wholeness, God will be glorified. He already is. And yet I must be honest about who I am, who I've been - because I want you to see God in my life.

and God promises me something still.
that tomorrow is hopeful.
that I am chosen.

You wanna know what pieces I found this week? that I have self control. I have accepted Christ and therefore He has given me the spirit of God. The spirit of God gives me the ability to have self control.

I have control over thoughts that produce emotions that produce behavior. when I am in the light, when I think truth, I am free.

truth sets us free.

I have control over anger, bitterness, resentment - I have a will that overcomes emotions. my emotions must submit to my will. I didn't know that before.

God can heal damaged emotions.

I'm weak. I must admit it, because every single day I am at God's mercy.

I used to think that this wasn't a good thing. I used to think it was good to be independent and strong. which it is. but not at the expense of not needing Jesus.

and so I think that is why he broke me.

I deal with fear just like other people do - maybe I have experienced it in a way other people haven't. Maybe I grew up in a church with crippling legalism that leaves my conscience at times guilt-ridden instead of free. Maybe I had a bad boyfriend when I was young that was emotionally abusive. Maybe that is part of my story - part of the great picture and testimony and person God is producing. HIS handiwork.

I asked Him this morning, "God I ask you to do YOUR work in me, don't let it be my work in myself." - because when I try to fix my mess, it gets worse. when I let go of it in God's faithful arms, He comes through.

Maybe these weak things will make me strong - only in Christ.

we are a people fighting for the prize of the upward call - boxing not to just beat the air.

and Christ will overcome. Heal. take apart the pieces of me that I do not understand. sometimes I feel lost, I know you have seen that part of me. But that weak part also shows Jesus, because I, in myself, cannot even breathe - and Jesus wakes me up every morning, and promises that there are good things He has ahead.

I believe that.
I've seen small fragments of it.

I have a small faith, but all we need is a mustard seed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that things are shifting in your heart, Little Bear. I've been praying for you a lot lately...

Praying for you to be set free from anxiety, because God CAN do it. He CAN heal you completely, even if it takes a miracle (I know because he's done it in my life, just with different junk). Praying that one day you'll look back at your anxiety and it will be nothing more than a yucky season you went through. Praying that when that day comes you'll be able to see how it fits into the puzzle. Praying that it will bring so much glory to God!!!

His will is ALWAYS for healing and freedom and restoration, and I am believing this for you.
(Isaiah 61)

Love you love you love you more than a million puppies,
K