Monday, June 27, 2011

Mom and I were talking earlier this week about anxiety, something I struggle with... something I must contend and fight with daily, to dwell on what is real and true and right and lovely...

she said something to me that was helpful, she said, Chels, maybe this is a thorn in your flesh, something you will have to fight for your life - (in reference to Paul's thorn, the very thing that made him weak made him rely heavily on his Christ.) - Something that also refines us and makes us more like Christ - perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. I hope this encourages you in whatever may be your constant battle! May you find victory in letting God overcome in with His strength, not your own.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." - James 1:2-4

No comments: