Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Muskegon in October

It was a crabby morning. Was it me, Over sensitive or just menstrating or he offended about nosehair...?  we split (hate the word) after coffee and I cleaned the home while he sold a home.

He kisses me quickly and I touch the wetsuit while the waves roll and call him and beckon. October one and I dig my heels in the sand for one last beach day and watch my man who is now a kid dive under the icy cold water and join the kite surfers, five magic flags dancing about, the walkers of water. 

I feel the sun burn my back and remember to thank God, me in October, how could i have chosen different, i remember this afternoon, grumbling as I tried to decide to stay home or join my husband in this adventure

Now, blanket unrolled, shirt off, bathing suit on, wind unfolding over my left shoulder, stash of pecans of chocolate, wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave the place we are both most content. What a gift, what a gift, what a gift and when I count and count and count all this grace the anxiety dissipates ( the dirty house at home can stay that way), the anger escapes ( my man is awake), and with all this joy that only a Holy Spirit in me can breathe out, I am content, reborn, alive.

The Lord is good. 


No comments: