Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dear world

Please understand something. This may sound cynical but it's meant to be funny. 

Your hairstylist cannot read your mind. She also doesn't have the capability to make your head grow hair so that it has the amount of hair needed to make it look like that picture you brought in of some airbrushed Hollywood figure with extensions. She also cannot make your dress look any different because of your hair. And you should probably wear some makeup when you get your updo done because if you don't you'll feel very unimpressed at my skill of making you look like you did 20 years ago.

Your hairstylist is also not a magician. If you are twenty minutes late for your appointment she can't put 139 foils in your hair and mix your color and find out what you want and put on a glaze, get you coffee and file your toenails in the 10 minutes before her next client. 

Also she can't shampoo blow dry brow wax and style your monster amount of hair in 10 minutes so please be on time. I don't want to make you cry and turn you away. It's just, I simply don't have the time if your late. It's not that I don't want to do your hair. I did want to, 20 minutes ago. its just, i don't want to fry my clients hair either who I have to shampoo in, now that you went to the bathroom while I looked for you, 5 minutes. Don't take it personally. Kisses! 

Our job is to color your hair and find the best match for what to put in your hair to make that color you want happen. It's not my fault though that you've bleached your hair to death and expect it to grow 6 inches in 2 weeks when all you want to do straighten it. I'm sorry. And if you used boxed permanent color im not going to be able to turn the orange red of your hair neutral blonde all today. I don't know how your hair will respond to the color since everyone's hair is different. And no I can't  take you from a level 6 to platinum in one try. I can do it in one day if you'd like to pay me 400$ and hang out with me all day. That'd be fun. I'm fun. And ill give you coffee. 

Also. I offer you deep conditioners because they are good for your hair and I get them done on myself because of the difference they make. I'm not money hungry. 

Also. This is how I make my money. This is my job. Please don't come expecting me to change everything about the way you look without expecting to pay something. I'm not going to overcharge you.

Remember, I do love you. I love doing your hair. If your reading this your probably not one of the people im writing to. But the above is a day in the life of a stylist.

Love, 
Your hairstylist. 

No comments: