Saturday, November 19, 2011

remembering. thankfulness.

things have really turned around and I guess that is why Jesus writes stories "for such a time as this"

this year really feels like a holiday, I will really be celebrating because now I understand thanksgiving and I hope I never give that up, even in the hardship.

For 21 years we were all on our knees for Jesh, and now his eyes are soft and his mouth weeps truth after truth after truth and he writes deliberately on his facebook about the love of God. the streams of living water are coming forth. I remember the image I got years ago of him at the front of church with soft eyes, worshipping our God. this is an answer to prayer.

My Father is at home in his life, finally. He holds the hand of my mother and their hands are leathering, together. this is an answer to prayer.

I've prayed that Austin would become a leader, a teacher - and he now leads worship at Ada Bible and I can see His spirit reawakening even with the limp without the motorcycle, without the pipes, the boos, the insects, the metal detectors. God awakens Him. This is an answer to prayer.

I've prayed for my Mother to love my Father, to respect Him despite his flaws and she now says, how cute he is, and she leans in, she leans in, she leans in toward him. this is an answer to prayer.

Jamin's insides are healing as well, and he is becoming bold and able and manly and He is holding hands with a woman of purity and proverbs 31 qualities. This is an answer to prayer.

Josiah has discovered parts of himself and still wades just as we all did through those high-school and freshman college years... and he will come closer as the years pour forth. He leads worship, a prayer request I have been offering up for the last few years - that he would turn his performing into worship - and this last week at church He wept in front of church, sharing a song about our Father's Son, Jeshua who is now the Lords. He told the congregation that He is now giving up performing and will now be simply worshipping. This is an answer to prayer.

I am no longer shaking in the mornings or letting my mind wander - It is disciplined on most days and I feel strong and able and stable. For the first time in my life I am living without fear. I look ahead and laugh at the future. My God has steadfast love for me. This Steadfast Love, and this Thankfulness - they have cured my anxious wayward heart. All is Grace. This is an answer to prayer.

So, I ask, will you pray now for the Grandparents who do not know the Lord? For the Kitri who is so young and ready for the world to collapse her or grow her? All is Grace.

There are many more prayers, some unanswered still, waiting - but we will wait on the Lord and we will thank Him and recall the past and the words that we have offered up in HOPE and we will remember, as Max always says, we must remember.

2 comments:

peregrinity said...

we will wait.

amazing to hear all this good news!

Brooke Collier said...

i am so glad. for all of it.