Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Today I sat down with Jen and we discussed rent, and the heating bill, and the residency and life. I'm excited to see how God will provide, but she is giving us the reigns to start figuring out rent after March. This means for the month of april, until I become an intern again after school in April, we will need to come up with renters, or the payment for the month. After I become an intern, michelle and whoever we have renting with us, will have to figure out the balance after that. does this mean we will move? or she will go? or God will provide renters? Currently the house we are renting has no insulation so even keeping the heat at 65 means a huge heating bill at the end of the month which leads to the boiler room having to foot the bill which leads to probably a bad stewardship of money given to them by God on their part. I fully understand. It will be cool to see how God provides, whether that means me going to donate plasma.. (oh joy :)) or having $600.00 fall out of the sky. I'll make sure to post how God does provide.

he always does.

this morning the bus was packed on the way to school and b, the surfer/drummer with a chubby face and an adequately pleasant fellow stood behind me. He always has music in his ears and is always willing to move it out for a conversation. when we got to class I spilled coffee all over my lap, my corduroys, my scarf, navy shirt: drowned, saturated all of them with a coffee-pee-stain right in the croutch area. lovely. Brent and Christine just watched sympathtically as it dripped, slid, dripped onto my chair as I booked it to the bathroom. Marshal battani was at the powerpoint discussing "competing discourses" by Ruth slavin and was wearing a red and navy tie and hands that moved in explanation and long gray curly hair tucked behind his ears. there is a morning in the life of Chelsea. Crotch (sp?) coffee stain for all day, thoughts of rent, and trying to make a decision on what the difference is between the early, late, high, renaissance and the paintings that go with them. Derek has gone. The kitchen seems hollow without his song. Mark Anne, His fiance needs him now. He's in a good spot, Jen says, clean, ready, loved by God. changed. Leesa and rich have also gone. I haven't slept well for the past week... really restless or something, but last night, I slept so well. I told Jen that this morning and then went to my car and found a note from Dan Mike. In it he told me he was praying for me last night and he drew a sketch of me in my bed with this shield around me and peace being breathed into that shield. God is so good.

went running yesterday with Anna, who is an amazing listener. I got to unload a few things onto her, somethings that I feel have been pressing on me. Then we sat and drank water and ate spagetti and lentil soup that brooke made, and I just love anna. she is so sincere. through these little things, I am learning. The dreams I have been having have been dealing with them as well: like the other night, Harold in my dream, someone I haven't seen in forever telling me specifically to be sincere with a specific person. Something I needed to hear. I feel God is lessening something in me, which is healthy. I am trusting him to unlock this area of my life - as I feel him doing, and then I know he is preparing me for what is next. What is next?

all I know, is that God is near me. He will provide. it will not always look the way I think it should but it will be good. I am repeatedly reading the scriptures he has given to me... getting fresh meat from them everyday. I highly recommend them. Ps 46, Jer 29:11-14, 1 Pt 5:6-11. And today, Dan Mikes Scripture for me:

2 tim 1: 6-7
I remind you to kindle a fresh the gift of God
which IS IN YOU
through the laying on of my hands

God has not given you a spirit of TIMIDITY/SHYNESS
but of power
love
discipline.

I do not want to make one movement without God calling my name in that direction. I know he will. Jen is such an example of this, she is constantly telling me, I just felt God moving me toward this... prayer, peace, God's hands, I am waiting on to guide me.
and I will be happy
and at peace
when I
go with God.

1 comment:

brooke sellers said...

hey girl. rent worries. i've been there (am always just on the brink of being there again). it does somehow always work out. He's good that way.

i'm glad you enjoyed the lentil soup again. i want to cook over there more often. especially now that derek is gone and I don't have to fight him for the kitchen. :)

see you soon...