Monday, July 15, 2013

Dear...
I watch you from afar,  the quiet retreating
the bend to be social,
yet you avoid my eyes and turn your face away when you talk to me and yet
you casual side hug and tilt your head
I have seen you from when you first started this journey, a boy following the men
v-neck tshirts and madcap coffee
you held your head high
a position that hid how you really felt
you come from and through
pride, you stumbled into a friends words that pierced and felt your wings move
you stood, hands shaking in front of a crowd and shared your addiction and you got low
I applaud.
you stand tall, still
stand among us
stand in front of us
stand behind us
though, there are a few who know what it means when you stand the way you stand
I only judge and skepticize, I barely know the tone of your voice and yet I recognize your insides
you do not always feel the tall and strong that you wear
I have been where you are
alone, you are one of the few left
isolated, you stand for so many and yet the shadow next to you is undisturbed
afraid,
of commitment?
I fear I knew years ago that you'd be where you are now
you sat on that couch and I had words with your silence and you took the steps I thought you would and we never talked about it again
I shake my head at you yet I know the journey and wish I could scream loud enough for you to understand ahead of time so that the breaking won't hurt so bad and even if it does
still I know that God has a good plan for your life, for her
her with you
the her that will come after you have been broken.
the her that will work for you because she loves God and loves you not because she is so special that only she can unlock you. you will just learn how to decide on her. and she will be well for you.
there is sadness in your eyes at times
breaking does this, this I know
even this can only be taught by our Teacher who knows the strings of our insides
and just what tune to put in us and how to break us kindly




No comments: