Monday, April 11, 2011

His strength

I have learned in the last year what God meant when he said, "in your weakness, I am strong." I didn't get it before.

I may always be like a child, relearning how to walk - there is a verse in Deut. where He describes this, holding us between his shoulders, holding us up so we can walk. Maybe that is why He lets us stumble so frequently. "When you fall, you will not be hurled headlong, for the Lord is the one who lifts you up." -Psalms - He wants us to see Him as the great Father that we never have to stop coming under for care and refuge.

God will be faithful, if you are listening, to remind you that
"I am your Father, of course I will care for you."
I am learning to trust that voice that I heard so long ago on the bus on my way to Grand Valley.

I will not give up. ever.

sometimes in moments when I look at my life and wonder why God stops me to corral my thoughts. He brings my mind back into a place of truth. Because where your mind goes, the man follows. (Proverbs) Because only when my mind knows truth i can be set free. Feelings cannot set me free, and I am learning and am going to continue to learn how to not walk by them. or let them effect me so much. HIS WORD is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path and

by HIS WORD transforming and renewing my mind I will know HIS GOOD PLEASING AND PERFECT WILL (rom 12)

and how to love my neighbor
how to be peaceful in all situations
how to keep no record of wrongs
how to be a Mom, a wife someday
how to learn to respect and honor a man
how to hold my hands open and hold loosely my relationships
how to be a friend that loves at all times
how to give my brother to my Father God
how to have a good attitude when I do not FEEL IT

in my weakness of all these things, He becomes strong in my life - HE TAKES OVER. it is a battle, but God will conquer and Master the sin in me as I give my will over to Him and He will faithfully use each situation for making me more like Jesus

my Dad reminds me, each situation is "in God's hands and in God's control" - HE will use each situation to make us more like His Son. and God calls this the "good" that He has for us who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Maybe you do not often feel like a reflection of Him. But, listen closer. Sometimes, God will allow someone to come into your life to remind you that even though you may know the yuck and the struggle within, He, despite you, is still being successful through you. It isn't about you. You are a tool that God uses to move on this earth to build his kingdom. It isn't about me.

In your weakness, He is strong.

Ps. (please! Check out these blogs on the right, because they are filled with truth about who God is and journeys of people who God is leading to build His Kingdom! also, some very delicious recipes... spinach smooooothies!! GEE WIZ. seriously, read!)

3 comments:

Elle Watsizzle said...

wow. this is exactly what I needed to read... especially the last part about not being about me...

Anonymous said...

i just especially loved this part: "Sometimes, God will allow someone to come into your life to remind you that even though you may know the yuck and the struggle within, He, despite you, is still being successful through you." that's real good.

Sar said...

thank. you.